4.12.2007

April Showers Bring May Flowers Snow Plowers

I woke up yesterday morning to 2 inches of snow. That's right. Snow on April 11th. I was starting to think about things like planting flowers, getting patio furniture, playing golf, and BBQ. Now I'm thinking about getting the salt off my car that all the snow plows dump on the roads whenever it snows. Quite a change from sunny SoCal. It turns out the spring is quite volatile in Iowa with well over 100 degrees difference between the record high and low (see chart). Apparently our neighbors were not aware of this. They bought flowers, shrubs, and plants two weeks ago and now they are all dead. Hopefully this is the last of this lengthy Midwest winter. I'm counting down the days (literally - see countdown on sidebar) till we can soak up the sun on the West Coast.

4 comments:

Allan Friesen said...

it was 68 here today, and we all thought that was cold

Tim and Holly Miller said...

Yep, besides this crazy wind storm with a tiny bit a rain, temperatures in the 80's have been quite nice! We've even had 4 days of 90 or above this month. I guess you could go out and stick your hand in the snow until it burns, then close your eyes and pretend you are hear in the desert heat. Come on over, we'll barbeque and talk theology.

Tim and Holly Miller said...

And then you can teach me how to spell!

Kevin Lewis said...

Every click of the second is one click closer to having BBQ with you. I am tempted to try some ribs cooked over indirect heat for 4-5 hours. I might need to do a practice run before you come out. By the way, where do you all want to sit for the Dodger Game?