4.10.2007

The OC

No, I'm not talking about that stupid show on FOX. Nor am I referring to the large, overpopulated county south of LA. I am talking about Trader Joe's Orange Chicken. I finally had it for the first time since moving to Iowa last night. That's 8 months without those decadent, crispy pieces of breaded dark-meat chicken smothered in a sweet & tangy sauce that is hard to describe as anything but "orange chicken sauce". I had been anticipating this moment for the past 7 weeks. We went up to Minneapolis in February and stopped by a Trader Joe's there and got 3 packages of The OC. Shortly after we got home, Heather and I decided to give up meat for Lent (I wasn't thinking about The OC at the time or I never would have gone through with it). This Easter we celebrated the resurrection of Christ by resurrecting The OC out of the freezer. I started thinking that I might have a glorified memory of the meal. That was until I took my first bite. It was better than I even remembered. Maybe this will become a new Easter tradition for our home.

To experience this exquisite culinary masterpiece, visit a Trader Joe's near you.

2 comments:

Allan Friesen said...

I'm thinkin' oc this thurs nite

Kevin Lewis said...

The sauce always burns my nostrils when I pour it on the chicken. Hurry and come have some Tri-Tip