10.07.2007

Missing Good Mexican Food

I love Mexican food. At least that is what I said when I lived in California. In Iowa, I don't love Mexican food. I love the Mexican food I used to have on the west coast. As much as I hear that authentic Mexican food exists in the Midwest, I have yet to find a restaurant that even comes close to comparing to any of the places listed below. "Hot Sauce" in Iowa typically tastes about as spicy as pizza sauce, and barely seasoned ground beef is the meat of choice. Oh, how I long to walk up to a counter and say, "Two al pastor tacos, cilantro, onions, hot sauce, please."


My Top 10 Mexican Food Restaurants:
1. La Choza Santa Fe, New Mexico
2. El Taco De Mexico Morro Bay, California
3. Burrito Boy Eugene, Oregon
4. Taco Stand Bend, Oregon
5. Tonny's Restaurant Pasadena, California
6. Super Burrito Bend, Oregon
7. Taqueria El Bajio Santa Barbara, California
8. El Burrito Bend, Oregon
9. King Taco Southern California
10. El Mexicali Restaurant Indio, California



1 comment:

El Rico said...

If you want the most awesome Mexican Restaurant experience, you must visit Casa Bonita in Denver, CO. The food is horrible but they have indoor cliff divers, gunfights between the sherriff & Black Bart, Black Bart's cave, and the whole place is designed like an indoor spanish village. Very fun! Also it is famous as "The Best Restaurant Ever" as per Cartman from South Park...